Occasions Writing Competition
Do you love writing? Do you have a story to tell? Enter our 2019 Writing Contest and share it with us!
Occasions…Just Write Is Hosting a Writing Competition!
In honor of Flamingo Month and to help show how writing can change lives, we’ve decided to host a writing competition!
This year’s theme is…
Write about a powerful memory you have with your mom, mother figure, or an important woman in your life.
All entries must relate to the theme of this year’s writing competition.
All entries must be original, nonfiction personal essays.
There will be three prizes awarded this year:
- First prize will receive $100
- Second prize will receive $50
- Third prize will receive $25
All three winning entries will be published on our website and shared on our Facebook page.
We will be accepting submissions from May 1, 2019 (1:00 AM) until May 26, 2019 (11:00 PM). Winners will be announced May 31, 2019.
Entries can be submitted one of three ways:
- Using the online submission form below
- Via email: email@example.com
- Be sure to include “Occasions 2019 Writing Competition Entry” in the subject line.
- Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, or preferred method of contact in the email.
- Mail to: 313 North Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401.
- Be sure to include a self-addressed envelope with your entry.
- Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, or preferred method of contact.
- Entries must be nonfiction personal essays and must relate to the theme.
- Entries must be original, unpublished, and unproduced work.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1,200 words.
- Entries must be typed.
- All rights remain with the author.
- We are not returning submissions.
- Only one (1) submission per person.
Online Submission Form
We're sorry, this competition is closed. We will announce the winners on May 31, 2019.