Occasions Writing Competition
Do you love writing? Do you have a story to tell? Enter our 2018 Writing Contest and share it with us!
Occasions…Just Write Is Hosting a Writing Competition!
In honor of Flamingo Month and to help show how writing can change lives, we’ve decided to host a writing competition!
All entries must relate to the theme of this year’s writing competition.
This year’s theme is…
Recall and write about a moment when you received a card, note, or letter that had a meaningful impact on your life.
All entries must be original, nonfiction personal essays.
There will be three prizes awarded this year:
- First prize will receive $100
- Second prize will receive $50
- Third prize will receive $25
All three winning entries will be published on our website and shared on our Facebook page.
We will be accepting submissions from May 1, 2018 (1:00 AM) until May 26, 2018 (11:00 PM). Winners will be announced May 31, 2018.
Entries can be submitted one of three ways:
- Using the online submission form below
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include “Occasions 2018 Writing Competition Entry” in the subject line.
- Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, or preferred method of contact in the email.
- Mail to: 313 North Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401.
- Be sure to include a self-addressed envelope with your entry.
- Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, or preferred method of contact.
- Entries must be nonfiction personal essays and must relate to the theme.
- Entries must be original, unpublished, and unproduced work.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1,200 words.
- Entries must be typed.
- All rights remain with the author.
- We are not returning submissions.
- Only one (1) submission per person.
Online Submission Form
We're sorry, this competition is closed. We will announce the winners on May 31, 2018.